With Father's Day right around the corner, I've pulled together a few things I think the creative dads/grandpas/uncles/father figures will love—including some of my tried & true favorites, some unique gifts, plus a few things that will help him relax and get creative.
Because a little something special goes along way in saying "I love you" to these awesome men in our lives.
A Man's Favorites to Get Creative
1. For the dad who loves adventure. The photography in these books alone will inspire creativity, but not only that, inspire the adventurous heart to get out there and see the awesome places in this world. Our favorites for photography, Wanderlust USA, Roaming America, and my favorite for artwork.
2. For the dad to look snazzy while making. This apron is a favorite because it's heavy duty, water wicking, has lots of pockets for stuff, and looks sexy (well, at least I think so).
3. For the dad that deserves the best. Oh, we all know that an artist can paint with inexpensive brushes, but do they want to? Nah! If I have the choice to paint with the highest quality hand-made brushes in the world made especially for my specific needs, I'll take it. Plus I love how rustic they look. These are my absolute favorite brushes, and I hope every artist's hands get to hold them someday. An artist who has these to reach for, is a lucky artist indeed.
4. For the man who enjoys painting in nature. This acrylic palette is my favorite for plein-air! Plus it's great for small pieces, working in an art journal, or traveling. It keeps acrylics paints from drying out, getting moldy, and making a big mess. There is also a bigger palette, to see if it is available go to their site redgrassartist.com.
5. For the artist that likes it all organized & handy I love to have my paints and supplies in one place. I use this easel at home and for plein-air because keeping it all together keeps me sane. If your guy is just getting started, or has supplies but needs a space for them, this is a great easel to keep it all together.
6. For the artist in business. Hint: guys love this gift! This is a great way to carry all my important business stuff. Mmmmmm, the smell of leather gets me every time.
7. An escape in the office. We all know original art has special meaning and can help take one away from their worries. If your not up to painting something He will love yourself, I have several pieces of art that your guy would enjoy on the wall. Choose from what I have available here. The ocean, mountains, forest, lake, river or wherever your man likes to escape to, I have painted. If you want to DIY, enjoy my tutorials and paint along here.
8. For the guy who wants to learn to paint. Picking up a hobby is one of the most beneficial things for mental health. Give your man the gift of learning and better mental health by signing up for my art lessons, getting my acrylic guide e-book, or finding something you think he would like to paint from the lessons/workshops below.
9. For the experimental artist. Artists love new art supplies because it means more art and possibilities. This is a great time to get dad a new art supply to explore. You can also help him experiment with his new supplies by adding in an art journal. Be sure to send him over to get my free lessons on art journaling to help him learn a fun art journal process that will help him get creative. I love to use these supplies in my art and art journal...
10. From the kids. I saved the greatest gift for last, lol. Well, most of my kids creations get thrown into the trash but maybe your man is more sentimental than mine. I have a list of great Father's Day art your kids can make for their dads. Just scroll past the Mother's Day stuff and enjoy one of the tutorials! There's something for Star Wars lovers, football guys, sailors, gardeners, and something to bring a little nature to dad's desk.