With Mother’s Day right around the corner, I've pulled together a few things I think the artsy Mom will love—including some of my tried & true favorites, some unique gifts, plus a few things that will help her relax and get creative.
Ashley's favorites gift guide
1. For mom from the kids. Moms love handmade gifts from their kids/grandkids. It tells mom, "I love you so much that I took the time to make you something special." You're in luck, because I have some Mother's Day painting and drawing tutorials for your kids to follow right along. You get the supplies, I'll do the teaching. To make the finished art look fancy, pop your kids creation into a nice frame, so that mom can hang it on her wall.
2. For the mom who wants to learn. For the moms who want to learn to paint, I have several workshops that will help them grow as an artist. They are built to help mom relax while she learns to paint. Follow that up with the feeling that comes with a beautiful finished painting and you have one of the greatest gifts for an art lover.
Affiliate Disclosure: This list contains affiliate links which means that I may earn a small commission—at no extra cost to you. This helps to support my work and the free content I create. Thank you!
3. For the exploring artist. Artists love new art supplies because it means more art and possibilities. This is a great time to get mom a new art supply to explore. Then you can help her get started by adding in an art journal. Be sure to send her over to get my free lessons on art journaling to help her learn a fun art journal process that will help her get creative. I love to use these supplies in my art journal...
4. For the luxury loving artist. Oh, we all know that an artist can paint with inexpensive brushes, but do they want to? Nah! If I have the choice to paint with the highest quality hand-made brushes in the world made especially for my specific needs, I'll take it. That's exactly why I have these brushes. They are my absolute favorites, a delight to use always and frankly I love that they look so freaking good! An artist who has these to reach for, is a lucky artist indeed.
5. For the acrylic lovers on the go. This acrylic palette is my new fave! If your mom likes small pieces, working in an art journal, or traveling this is the perfect palette. It keeps acrylics paints from drying out, getting moldy, and making a big mess. This company is brand spanking new, so their bigger palette may or may not be ready, but that's what I use. This palette is the best out there for acrylics my friends. You can see if the larger palette is available on their site redgrassartist.com.
6. The best dressed artist. I'm a believer in what we wear tells people about who we are. I'm also practical, and what is more practical for an artist than wearing an artist smock. This is the one I enjoy, and of course I have added lots of paint to it over time. It's super stylish and I love all the pockets.
7. For the artist that needs help keeping it all together. I love to have my paints and supplies in one place. For kids, having one thing to grab makes the process more enjoyable for everyone. I use this easel for plein-air because keeping it all together keeps me sane. If you have someone on your list that has supplies but needs a space for them, this is a great start.
8. For the artist that needs to chill out. Okay, sometimes artists can get tightly wound. It's always great to dab some essential oils and take some deep breaths, but what we really need is noise cancelling headphones so we can stay in our little world we are creating with our art, maybe listen to some inspiring music as we do that.
9. For mom from her favorite artist. Moms love to add something special to their walls. Even better is when they have a connection to the artist, the scene, and it's original. You can browse through the original art I have available to see if you can find something she will love.
10. For the artsy reader. Oh, can I really narrow it down to one book or magazine? Not really. But, this magazine has stories of all kinds of artists doing their artsy thing in their unique spaces. I love, love, love magazines, this one especially. Each time I get the new issue, I'm giddy. If you give the subscription, it's a gift that gives all year long. If you're looking for a book teaching how to paint with acrylics, get my e-book.
11. For the mom who is in a slump. If you're looking for a gift that will help mom get through hard times, this is it. Shanna Noel's daily scripture books are colorful, spiritual motivating, and leave room for artists to doodle, paint, or write whatever inspires them. It's a great thing for a mom to enjoy their "me" time with the Almighty. Love them.
12. For the foody artist. People who like food and art, like me, look at food differently. We like it displayed nicely with beautiful colors. Honestly, I don't think we can help it. It's always a delight to have fun making art with food. Not sure if it would be a good gift by itself? Get some fancy cheeses, wine, and yummy foods to go with. For inspiration add the charcuterie board book to help inspire. Or dad, make up the board yourself and present to your wife on Mother's Day, she will love it!