Want to learn how to paint with watercolor while creating an abstract art piece for your home? Abstract art can be really fun and easy to make. Learn several watercolor techniques in this, step by step, watercolor tutorial.
I invited my niece to create with me because art projects that have no outcome in mind and are all about learning in the creative process are fun for kids, beginner artists, and artists who want to relax and go with the flow while they create.
This week Createful Art members learn more on how to teach art to their preschool kids. They also get to choose art tutorials, get reference photos, art tips, and bonus videos. You can become a member here.
For this project you need...
Supplies I used in this tutorial (Amazon affiliate links)
Buying through these links help support this channel, thank you for using them!
1. Watercolor Paint Set Winsor & Newton Cotman Compact: http://amzn.to/2jyD3Uz My color order from the top, left to right.
Lemon Yellow, Cadmium Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Burnt Sienna, Burnt Umber, Chinese White
Sap Green, Viridian Hue, Cadmium Red Pale Hue, Cadmium Red Hue
Ultramarine, Cerulean Blue Hue, Alizarin Crimson Hue, Purple Lake,
2. Brushes: I used a medium flat but no specific size is needed for this project - http://amzn.to/2j4KvqT
3. Strathmore Watercolor Paper 8x10" -http://amzn.to/2ERz8v5
4. Metallic Paint (acrylic or watercolor works)-
5. Cup of water, paper plate, surface & clothes protection.
Thank you for watching!
Projects like this are called "Process Art." I recommend using process art projects as "art lessons" for preschoolers. You can learn more about how to teach art to preschoolers here.
The reasons I love process art projects...
1. They fosters creativity.
2. They teach skills without requiring mastery upfront.
3. They teach us to let go of our inhibitions and perfection so we can be confident creators.
4. They help us discover who we are and what we like.
Hope you have fun!
Find more art projects below!
Your comment will be posted after it is approved.
Leave a Reply.